Glenn Morris writes: Hi Glenn, > In the 25.1.90 tarball, files.el is newer than files.elc. > This ought to be impossible, if the tarfile was created from a > bootstrap. It was, but I might have pulled a commit after bootstrapping (Eli mentioned that reason to me, and while I don't remember doing that, it has to be the case). > It causes building to recompile files.el, which is harmless but should > not be needed in a release. Indeed. I'll keep this bug report open until the next pretest. Cheers, Nico