Robert Thorpe writes: > When Emacs configs are small they're reasonably similar to configurations for > other programs. > > However, when they grow they are essentially like programs. They're > software development problems in their own right. > > In that case I think it's useful to apply the methods of large-scale > software development. Version control, for example. > > Perhaps you do that though. Not quite in version control, although its backed up hourly, but as my config is in org-mode every block of code is timestamped when it was inserted or changed, so it is possible to navigate to specific modules either with Imenu, or the date. Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7