tags 29165 = patch quit Noam Postavsky writes: > I've reverted my cl-lib code changes, so the conflict should be resolved > now. As for this bug, it seems the best way forward is to relax the > checks so that an empty list of &optional variables is accepted. Here's a patch. Details of behaviour changes over versions are in the commit message. I probably should have got around to this before 26.0.91, but I think this should still go to emacs-26 because the patch makes the behaviour closer to what was in v25.