Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > >> Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: >> >>> It looks like gnus-newsgroup-name (and friends?) are no longer set when >>> the summary mode hooks are run, so hooks that rely on that are now >>> broken. >> >> Yes, since `gnus-summary-mode' is now a real mode, it clears local >> variables before running the hook. The right place for that sort of hook >> is now `gnus-summary-prepared-hook'. I tried to change all the relevant >> hooks I could within the codebase, but I guess gnus-mdrtn.el isn't >> publicly available? I can change the Moderation section of the manual to >> update the installation instructions. > > No, you can't break third-party software that way. You have to set the > variables the hooks expect to exist before calling the hook. Okay. This patch should restore that behavior. I don't see any other buffer-local variables that were being set to a specific value, other than `gnus-newsgroup-name'.