Johan Walles writes: > Try this: > 1. Set indent-tabs-mode to nil. > 2. Load a C file indented with tabs. > 3. c-guess > 4. Do describe-variable on indent-tabs-mode > > Current result: > "Its value is nil" > > Expected result: > "Its value is t" (since c-guess should have noticed that tabs are used > for indentation) This still seems to be the case in Emacs 28. I've included my test file here. Perhaps Alan has some insights here? (Added to the CCs.) -- (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.) bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no