martin rudalics writes: >> I have a bug when calling ediff3, the layout is not a balanced. >> >> Ultimately I found that combining this settings were the culprit : >> >> (setq window-combination-resize t >> even-window-sizes nil) >> >> ;; you can test it with eg : >> (setq default-directory "/home/user") >> (ediff3 ".bashrc" >> ".bash_history" >> ".bash_logout") >> >> Removing the manual resizing when splitting windows and relying rather >> on 'window-combinaison-resize' to balance the layout, solve the issue. > > I think we can easily do that but it does not handle the > > (setq window-combination-resize t > even-window-sizes nil > ediff-window-setup-function 'ediff-setup-windows-plain) > > case here. Shouldn't we fix that too? > > Thanks, martin Yes, I missed that one ; it worked only in plain window with (setq ediff-split-window-function #'split-window-horizontally) I guess that is the control buffer that is interfering somehow with the resizing ? I tried to apply on it a 'window-preserve parameter on its window, without much success. So in this one, for the plain window setup, I only create the control window at the end of the layout. It does not seemed necessary to setup the control buffer twice.