Stefan Monnier writes: > When untarring a file whose contents include a GPG keyring named with > a `.gpg` extension, `tar-untar-buffer` ends up trying to encrypt the > keyring because the `write-region` call for this file gets handed to > `epa-file-write-region`. I'm unable to reproduce this on the current trunk -- but I can't reproduce it in Emacs 26.3/27.1 either. I'm using the following tar file as the test case. Is there anything more needed to reproduce the problem, or has it really gone away?