Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Akib Azmain Turja >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:26:46 +0600 >> >> Eli Zaretskii writes: >> >> > From now on please install bug fixes to the emacs-29 branch (they will be >> > merged to master soon enough), while new features and improvements in >> > existing features should be installed on master. >> >> Is it possible to alias terminal "eat" to "xterm" in 'term-file-aliases' >> in Emacs 29? > > I don't know what this would mean, so I cannot make up my mind. Is it > indeed the same as xterm? Nope, but similar. XTerm compatibility hasn't been achieved, yet. > >> It'll be nice to have a dedicated "term/eat.el" with all XTerm features >> enabled (xterm-extra-capabilities), but I think it'd be better to add >> this to Emacs 30. > > It is definitely an easier decision to add that on master. But still, it > would be best to hear the reasons why you think this is a valid alias. Because it allows to get all the XTerm benefits (like extra keybindings, clipboard) in Eat. And if you don't know what's Eat, it's a terminal emulator package I wrote. I have "eat" aliased to "xterm" so a month or two in my init file, and it works fine on my Emacs. But, Stefan Monnier suggested that including term/eat.el in my package would also work. So I think I should try that first, since the people using Emacs in Eat would probably have Eat installed, am I right? -- Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5 Fediverse: akib@hostux.social Codeberg: akib emailselfdefense.fsf.org | "Nothing can be secure without encryption."