Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Philip Kaludercic >> Cc: joaotavora@gmail.com, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, 62720@debbugs.gnu.org, >> larsi@gnus.org >> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 19:14:37 +0000 >> >> > Are we still sure we want to change package-install, not >> > package-upgrade? AFAIU, there were several voices that preferred the >> > latter, with the rationale that a built-in package is always >> > "installed", so "installing" it makes little or no sense. >> >> If you want that, here is one proposal. Should be the smallest so far: > > Hmm... looks identical to the previous patch you sent, which changes > package-install? Or what am I missing? > > As for the question I asked: I'm okay with changing package-install if > there are no objections from those who proposed to change > package-upgrade instead. Did I send the wrong patch. I double-checked now and this one should be using package-update: