Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Cc: 62700@debbugs.gnu.org, Spencer Baugh >> From: Spencer Baugh >> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:46:45 -0400 >> >> Juri Linkov writes: >> >>>>> It just needs more testing for different categories of completion. >> >>>> >> >>>> Which categories do you have in mind? >> >>> >> >>> Actually, I can't find categories where it could fail. >> >>> So your patch looks safe to push. >> >> >> >> Can we go ahead and push it to Emacs master, then? I will work on the >> >> changing-only-new-code backport for Emacs 29 as Eli requested. >> > >> > But your patch changes only new code. >> >> Ah, I thought Eli still wanted a backport version because this changes >> code which has been on Emacs 29 for over a year. > > Indeed, that's what I would like to see on the release branch. Mainly > because even if this is deemed a bug, it happens in a relatively rare > situation, so I'd like to avoid risking breakage in code which affects > other situations. Here's the backport for the release branch. (FYI, my papers have been signed and the FSF copyright clerk has approved accepting my contributions again)