all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ObjC mode fontification and formatting
@ 2003-04-15 18:12 Raffael Herzog
From: Raffael Herzog @ 2003-04-15 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Playing around with GNUstep I also started Objective-C pro-
gramming. Now, there are some issues with cc-mode there:

,----
| -(void) doSomething: (NSString*) str1
|                with: (NSString*) str2
| {
|     [anObject doSomething: str1
|               with: str2];  // 'with' is fontified as
|                             // function definition, 'str2'
|                             // as variable
| }
`----

But I'd like Emacs to do the following:

,----
| -(void) doSomething: (NSString*) str
|                with: (NSString*) str2
| {
|     [anObject doSomething: str1   // fontify 'anObject' as
|                                   // variable? (not sure yet)
|                      with: str2]; // don't fontify 'with'
|                                   // nor 'str2'
|    // note the alignment ^
| }
`----

How can this be done?

TIA,

   Raffi

--
=> Neu im Usenet? Fragen?    http://www.use-net.ch/usenet_intro_de.html <=
  The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is

* Re: ObjC mode fontification and formatting
@ 2003-04-16  9:29 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2003-04-16  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Raffael Herzog <devnull@raffael.ch> writes:
> But I'd like Emacs to do the following:
>
> |     [anObject doSomething: str1   // fontify 'anObject' as
> |                                   // variable? (not sure yet)
> |                      with: str2]; // don't fontify 'with'
> |                                   // nor 'str2'
>
> How can this be done?

I don't really understand what's going on, but with a bit of
experimentation I got the following, which seems to work:

   (c-set-offset 'objc-method-call-cont
                 (lambda (x) (- (c-lineup-ObjC-method-args-2 x) 2)))

There's probably something less kludgey than subtracting 2, but I don't
know what it is...

[c-set-offset is `C-c C-o' in objc-mode]

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia