all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Reloading the Current Buffer
@ 2004-06-15  2:11 Fiber Optic
From: Fiber Optic @ 2004-06-15  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sometimes I would like to reload the current buffer from disk in emacs.

Is there an easy way to do this without having to C-x C-f and search for
the file again?

If anyone can post a simple lisp function I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: Reloading the Current Buffer
@ 2004-06-15  4:21 ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2004-06-15  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fiber Optic <none@none.com> writes:

> Sometimes I would like to reload the current buffer from disk in emacs.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this without having to C-x C-f and search for
> the file again?
>
> If anyone can post a simple lisp function I would appreciate it.

M-x revert-buffer RET

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                     http://www.informatimago.com/
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he doesn't

* Re: Reloading the Current Buffer
@ 2004-06-15  7:44 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-06-15  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jun 15 2004, Fiber Optic wrote:

> Sometimes I would like to reload the current buffer from disk in emacs.
> Is there an easy way to do this without having to C-x C-f and search for
> the file again?

`C-x C-v RET' (find-alternate-file) or `r r'.  Concerning `r r': After
the first letter (may be "r" or some other) Emacs detects that the
file is modified on disk and asks to revert it with `r'.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Reloading the Current Buffer
@ 2004-06-15 14:34 ` kgold
From: kgold @ 2004-06-15 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <%Uszc.3960$US1.1497@fed1read02>,
 Fiber Optic <none@none.com> writes:
> Sometimes I would like to reload the current buffer from disk in emacs.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this without having to C-x C-f and search for
> the file again?
>
> If anyone can post a simple lisp function I would appreciate it.

auto-revert will do it automatically.