all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using ange-ftp with a @ in the login...
@ 2005-07-14 16:49 L. Prevosto
From: L. Prevosto @ 2005-07-14 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw

Hi,

this is probably a FAQ but i could not find the answer :

is there a way to use ange-ftp when there is (unfortunately) a @ in the
login-name ?
Btw, i tried using .netrc but since i'm using ntemacs i just don't know
where to put the .netrc file in windows.

Regards

laurent

* Re: Using ange-ftp with a @ in the login...
@ 2005-07-15  7:04 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-07-15  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw

Have you tried the obvious /foo@bar@host:... ?

> Btw, i tried using .netrc but since i'm using ntemacs i just don't know
> where to put the .netrc file in windows.

I'd guess ~/.netrc is the place, if there's one.

* Re: Using ange-ftp with a @ in the login...
@ 2005-07-21 22:56   ` rgb
From: rgb @ 2005-07-21 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > is there a way to use ange-ftp when there is (unfortunately) a @ in the
> > login-name ?
>
> Have you tried the obvious /foo@bar@host:... ?
>
> > Btw, i tried using .netrc but since i'm using ntemacs i just don't know
> > where to put the .netrc file in windows.
>
> I'd guess ~/.netrc is the place, if there's one.

It is the right place but there was a bug in Tramp preventing
it from being found under certain circumstances.  I reported it
and got a fix a couple days ago.  I imagine CVS should have the
fix shortly if it's not there already.  Using .netrc or maybe
(ange-ftp-set-user machine login) or such are the only ways
to access using an ID containing @.  The regexp that detects
remote file names obviously parses
/protocol:id@sys@system:/path
as
protocol id       sys@system /path
rather than
protocol id@sys   system     /path

I guess that's another bug but I'll leave the reporting to
someone who can actually test any fix that might come out.

* Re: Using ange-ftp with a @ in the login...
@ 2005-07-26 19:26     ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2005-07-26 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw

"rgb" <rbielaws@i1.net> writes:

> I guess that's another bug but I'll leave the reporting to
> someone who can actually test any fix that might come out.

In Tramp you need to customize `tramp-user-regexp' to "[^:/ \t]*".
I've tested it shortly, doesn't seem to hurt the Tramp
functionality. So it should be the default with next Tramp release.

Best regards, Michael.