all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Fang lun gang <no@mail.com>
Subject: modified xcscope.el (was re:xcscope browse history)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:10:01 +0800	[thread overview]

"bcjrstan@gmail.com" writes
>>> Hi,
>>> I use  xcscope.el  for Emacs to navigate souce code . However, I can't
>>> figure out how I can go back and forth through  the cscope lookup
>>> history.
>>>
>>> For example, in emacs +etags , when I'm browsing source,   I can
>>> quickly come back  to the places where I'm leaving behind with each
>>> etags lookup  ,just repeatedly  using M-*
>>>
>>> Is there a way to do the same thing in the emacs-xcscope setup?
>>> any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Please check it out at
 http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/CScopeAndEmacs

The source code can be downloaded from:
 http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/xcscope.el.gz

Quotes:

 Thank Darryl for bringing us such an amazing tool. However, despite
 much convenience it provides there are still some guys, including me
 :-), asking for certain new feature now and then on news groups: going
 back and forth the search history. I really want this feature since
 searching is sometimes time-consuming.

 So I hacked it myself (Lisp:xcscope.el.gz). Your comments are
 appreciated.

 USAGE: For basic usage refer to original comments. To view previous
 search result, call cscope-pop-history (C-c s h). It works some like
 undo. To break current sequence of pop history, either perform a cscope
 search or run cscope-renew-history (C-c s r) explicitly.

Regards,

--
Fang lun gang