all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* sort buffer-menu by buffer size descending?
@ 2007-11-30 18:13 metaperl.com
From: metaperl.com @ 2007-11-30 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I need to list the biggest buffers in my GNU Emacs process, so I can
select one for deletion from memory.

Anyway to pull this off?

* Re: sort buffer-menu by buffer size descending?
@ 2007-11-30 19:04 ` Eric Hanchrow
From: Eric Hanchrow @ 2007-11-30 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In Emacs 22, M-x ibuffer RET and then s s does it.
--
I've laid out in my will that my heirs should continue working
on my .emacs

* RE: sort buffer-menu by buffer size descending?
@ 2007-11-30 21:26 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2007-11-30 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: metaperl.com, help-gnu-emacs

> I need to list the biggest buffers in my GNU Emacs process, so I can
> select one for deletion from memory.
>
> Anyway to pull this off?

Doc: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BufferMenu#BufferMenuPlus.

Code: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/buff-menu+.el.

You can click a column heading to sort by it. Click again to reverse the
sort direction. (You need Emacs 22 or later for this particular feature of
the library.)