all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* debug connecting to emacsclient
@ 2009-01-17 15:02 Harry Putnam
       [not found] ` <mailman.5122.1232207060.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Harry Putnam @ 2009-01-17 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've never used emacsclient but since emacs-23 makes it easier to
connect to a running gnus session, I thought I'd try it out.

I have a `(server-start)' line in .emacs and I see the server start.
when I start emacs on local host.

However when I ssh in from remote host and say emacsclient ~/myfile

I get an interminable message `waiting for emacs....'

I see no obvious way to debug this.

[parent not found: <mailman.5120.1232204586.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]