Steven Har writes: > Hi all, > > I sometimes use emacs daemon mode and would like to use it more, > since I have the habit of getting in and out of Emacs often. > However, if an emacsclient is connecting to the daemon, another > instance cannot be started ("Waiting for Emacs..."). Is this > what's supposed to happen? Can't two or more emacsclient connect > to the same daemon? Do you use emacsclient in terminals? If not, just use parameter `-c -n', which creates an X window and doesn't wait for (server-edit). If you do, you can use the command `make-frame', or command `find-file-other-frame', and those similar -other-frame commands. -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591