Hello, With the help of the Eshell maintainer, John Wiegley, I have filled in most of the missing sections in the Eshell manual, and made some fixes to Eshell itself along the way. There is still much more to do, but I would like to submit my changes so far, because I have done the easier parts of this task (i.e. trivial documentation and source patches). John has seen my changes, and said I should send them to the Emacs devel mailing list instead of him directly. I have attached patches for the Eshell source, but as my changes to the manual affect most of the file, I will instead refer to the complete texinfo file on the Web: . I started from the texinfo file in Emacs 23 (the version of Emacs I was using when I started this project): Best regards, Aidan Gauland