all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to get info about narrowing in effect?
@ 2013-06-19 16:50 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-06-19 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi List,

in a program, I would like to find out about a buffer:

1. is narrowing is active?

2. what are the boundaries of the narrowed region (so to say point-min
and point-max of the narrowed region)?

but I don't find related functions in the Elisp manual.
How can I do that?

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: How to get info about narrowing in effect?
@ 2013-06-19 17:06 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-06-19 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> 1. if narrowing is active?

ok, I found `buffer-narrowed-p'

> 2. what are the boundaries of the narrowed region (so to say point-min
> and point-max of the narrowed region)?

still not sure about to find out the boundaries.

--

@ 2013-06-19 17:37   ` Doug Lewan
From: Doug Lewan @ 2013-06-19 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

That's exactly what (point-min) and (point-max) do.

,Douglas
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224

If the majority of cooking accidents happen in the kitchen, then why don't we just cook in other rooms?

@ 2013-06-19 18:28     ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-06-19 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Doug Lewan <dougl@shubertticketing.com> writes:

> That's exactly what (point-min) and (point-max) do.

right, I thought they don't respect narrowing.
Thanks

--
cheers,
Thorsten