all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gnu-emacs-sources awareness? (was Re: [ANN]: google-this.el 1.7)
@ 2013-09-11 12:24 Tim Visher
From: Tim Visher @ 2013-09-11 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: emacs

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
>> Subject: [ANN]: google-this.el 1.7
>
> Nothing wrong with an announcement here as well, I assume, but
> this is exactly what mailing list gnu-emacs-sources@gnu.org is
> for, AFAIK.

Interesting. Never knew that mailing list existed. Thanks! :)

As a question to others here: I'm a long time emacs user and I didn't
know that was the list to follow for library announcements, etc. Are
others already following it for that purpose? I learn about most new
libraries I use simply by following what people on this list mention.
I've been looking for a long time for a more centralized notification
place.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

http://blog.twonegatives.com/
http://five.sentenc.es/ -- Spend less time on mail

* Re: gnu-emacs-sources awareness? (was Re: [ANN]: google-this.el 1.7)
@ 2013-09-11 14:03 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2013-09-11 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:

> As a question to others here: I'm a long time emacs user and I didn't
> know that was the list to follow for library announcements, etc. Are
> others already following it for that purpose? I learn about most new
> libraries I use simply by following what people on this list mention.
> I've been looking for a long time for a more centralized notification
> place.

I'm subscribed to -sources (with gmane) and it is there where I expect
to see announcements about new and updated libraries. Contrary to -help,
it is a mailing list with very little traffic, so it is hard to miss an
announcement.

* Re: gnu-emacs-sources awareness? (was Re: [ANN]: google-this.el 1.7)
@ 2013-09-12  5:01 ` Carson Chittom
From: Carson Chittom @ 2013-09-12  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:

> As a question to others here: I'm a long time emacs user and I didn't
> know that was the list to follow for library announcements, etc. Are
> others already following it for that purpose? I learn about most new
> libraries I use simply by following what people on this list mention.
> I've been looking for a long time for a more centralized notification
> place.

I'd never heard of it.  Which admittedly doesn't mean much.  But I do
have a couple of things I keep up with.