all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* strange bbdb3/gnus behaviour
@ 2013-12-17  6:46 henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2013-12-17  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I use bbdb3 and gnus from git; since some days I experience this strange
behaviour when expanding mail adresses:

1. Type one or two chars into the `To:' line
2. Expand it with <SPC>
3. The correct bbdb entry appears
4. Simultaneously the group buffer opens beneath and the cursor is moved
to it.

This happens only for the first time in a gnus session. If I do it for a
second or third time everything works as expected.

My bbdb config is nothing more than this:

(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message)
(bbdb-mua-auto-update-init 'gnus 'message)

which did work flawlessly for a pretty long time.

henry

* Re: strange bbdb3/gnus behaviour
@ 2013-12-17 16:32 ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2013-12-17 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 17 Dec 2013, henry atting wrote:

> I use bbdb3 and gnus from git; since some days I experience this
> strange behaviour when expanding mail adresses:
>
> 1. Type one or two chars into the `To:' line 2. Expand it with <SPC>
> 3. The correct bbdb entry appears 4. Simultaneously the group buffer
> opens beneath and the cursor is moved to it.
>
> This happens only for the first time in a gnus session. If I do it for
> a second or third time everything works as expected.
>
> My bbdb config is nothing more than this:
>
> (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message)
> (bbdb-mua-auto-update-init 'gnus 'message)

I concur, and indeed, this change of buffer focus happens only once, at
start-up. In fact, this has been the case since I started using V3.

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.

* Re: strange bbdb3/gnus behaviour
@ 2013-12-19  6:26   ` henry atting
       [not found]     ` <mailman.9636.1387434849.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: henry atting @ 2013-12-19  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Gijs Hillenius <gijs@hillenius.net> writes:

> On 17 Dec 2013, henry atting wrote:
>
>> I use bbdb3 and gnus from git; since some days I experience this
>> strange behaviour when expanding mail adresses:
[...]
> I concur, and indeed, this change of buffer focus happens only once, at
> start-up. In fact, this has been the case since I started using V3.

Now that we are at least two with the same problem one might take into
consideration that it is a bug. As far as I see there is nothing I can
address to, no mailing list etc. As it is called bbdb3 and not bbdb I
assume it is still developed...

* Re: strange bbdb3/gnus behaviour
@ 2013-12-19  6:33     ` Bastien
       [not found]     ` <mailman.9636.1387434849.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Bastien @ 2013-12-19  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Henry,

henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:

> Now that we are at least two with the same problem one might take into
> consideration that it is a bug.

You can add me to the list.

> As far as I see there is nothing I can
> address to, no mailing list etc. As it is called bbdb3 and not bbdb I
> assume it is still developed...

This list is still active:

  bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net

--
 Bastien

@ 2013-12-19  8:51       ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2013-12-19  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Henry,
>
> henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:
>
>> Now that we are at least two with the same problem one might take into
>> consideration that it is a bug.
>
> You can add me to the list.

You can add me too. The problem was not present a year ago (I just came
back to bbdb after a year hiatus).

Alan

@ 2013-12-19  8:58       ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2013-12-19  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)