() Joost Kremers () 19 Mar 2014 23:05:21 GMT The code seems to work (the resulting customisation option works), but I was wondering a) if there are any hidden problems I'm not aware of; and b) if there is a more canonical way of doing this. If you have the GNU Emacs source, you can grep for "choice.*mapcar" and see how others do it. I see 9 hits. I choose one that is from a fundamental library -- minibuffer.el var ‘completion--styles-type’ -- and find it in the lisp/ChangeLog.16 entry dated 2011-10-03 authored by Stefan Monnier. I feel comfortable using this technique now. If you do not have the GNU Emacs source, then you can question your sanity / situation / style / subjugation, until you do... :-D -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil