James Freer writes: > I have just been reading into the various possibilities. Basically I > am seeking to use something simple like xchat, easy to set up and > use. I thought rcirc was perhaps what I was looking for - erc seems > the main app but I think I would find its setting up a bit much. > > james > Save your poor emacs and try "hexchat". Its in active development, which xchat isn't, and is very stable. I've been using it now for several years with no problems at all. Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1