emacs -Q C-x m C-c C-b some wrong spelllling. C- C-p C-c M-m M-x ispell-message you should now be prompted to spell check the word spelllling. Since text in the marked parts of messages is usually quoted -- be it text, code or otherwise -- I propose that we skip spell checking on these parts of messages. It can be a real hassle when quoting a large body of code or text. Attached is a patch to implement this. Any comments welcome. Thanks, Matt lisp/ChangeLog: 2014-11-18 Matthew Leach * textmodes/ispell.el (ispell-message): add regexp versions of `message-mark-insert-begin' and `message-mark-insert-end' to `ispell-skip-region-alist' to skip marked message parts. etc/ChangeLog: 2014-11-18 Matthew Leach * NEWS: Mention ispell-message now skips marked message parts.