all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Bug Tracker / Help Desk Interface
@ 2014-12-27  3:25 Esben Stien
From: Esben Stien @ 2014-12-27  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Does there exist some kind of interface in emacs to a bug tracker like
OTRS or a Help Desk system?

I've seen an interface lying around for Jira, which is not free
software.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m

* Re: Bug Tracker / Help Desk Interface
@ 2014-12-31 19:39 ` Pete Ley
From: Pete Ley @ 2014-12-31 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esben Stien; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> Does there exist some kind of interface in emacs to a bug tracker like
> OTRS or a Help Desk system?
>
> I've seen an interface lying around for Jira, which is not free
> software.

I don't know of anything ready-made, but you could try rolling your own
with org-mode.

* Re: Bug Tracker / Help Desk Interface
@ 2015-01-01  1:34 ` Bob Proulx
From: Bob Proulx @ 2015-01-01  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Esben Stien wrote:
> Does there exist some kind of interface in emacs to a bug tracker like
> OTRS or a Help Desk system?
>
> I've seen an interface lying around for Jira, which is not free
> software.

This probably isn't what you are asking but it is related.  As you
know Emacs itself uses an instantiation of the Debian BTS for tracking
Emacs bugs.  In Debian there is an Emacs interface to the BTS.  That
can be used for either the Debian BTS or the GNU Emacs BTS.

The Debian package is called debian-el and is part of the
emacs-goodlies-el package.  On a Debian system this may be installed
using "apt-get install debian-el".

Source is browsable on the web here:

  https://sources.debian.net/src/emacs-goodies-el/35.12/elisp/debian-el/

Since you are asking generically for "like OTRS or a Help Desk system"
I don't think you are asking about the Emacs BTS itself.  But at the
same time this is an interface in Emacs to the Emacs BTS and therefore
I think qualifies as a valid suggestion. :-)

Bob