all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Directories for Ezwinports
@ 2015-01-07 22:48 Robert Thorpe
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2015-01-07 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I find Emacs most useful with auxiliary GNU tools like grep, find and
some compression tools.  I also sometimes use images.  So, I install the
packages for these things on MS Windows.  README.W32 recommends using
the Ezwinports builds of these tools.  Today I was installing those.
Each one of them is a separate zip file that creates a little unix-like
directory hierarchy with a "bin", "share", etc.  Dealing with those
directly would require a lot of PATH entries and
Info-default-directory-list entries.  Does anyone know if its possible
to install them all of them into the same hierarchy?

BR,
Robert Thorpe