Bob Proulx [2015-10-23 15:38:51-06] wrote: > In 24.5.1 from Debian Sid I am now getting undesirable indention that > is no longer controlled by sh-basic-offset. In 23 this worked. > > emacs -Q /tmp/trial.sh > > M-: (setq sh-basic-offset 2) > > if true; then > true > ^ indent should be 2 not 4 here There is also variable sh-indentation which I have set to the same value as sh-basic-offset. > Does anyone know how to keep syntax highlighting but to disable > indentation? Then at least I could at least stop it from doing the > wrong thing without dropping all of the way to fundamental-mode. Some new SMIE thing is, in my opinion, doing too clever and wrong things so I disable it: (setq sh-use-smie nil).