all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Carddav sync with bbdb ?
@ 2015-11-27 18:08 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2015-11-27 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Re: Carddav sync with bbdb ?
@ 2015-11-27 21:13 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-11-27 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Xavier Maillard <lists.emacs.help@xavier.maillard.im> writes:

> what is the best solution to keep both bbdb and a carddav server in sync ?
> I am using GNU Emacs 25.x on multiple platforms so a portable solution would
> be great

The only one I know of asynk¹.

Rasmus

Footnotes:
¹   http://asynk.io/

--
This message is brought to you by the department of redundant departments

* Re: Carddav sync with bbdb ?
@ 2015-11-28  9:15   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2015-11-28  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Re: Carddav sync with bbdb ?
@ 2015-11-28 15:12     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-11-28 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Xavier Maillard <lists.emacs.help@xavier.maillard.im> writes:

> Do you use it ?

No.  Last I tried it messed up unsorted fields.  Likely that was ’cause I
didn’t pay enough attention.

> It is not clear how I should set it up for carddav.

You will find several examples in the manual, last I checked.

I have set it to work with Owncloud in the past so it surely supports
carddav sync.

Rasmus

--
Spil noget med Slayer!

* Re: Carddav sync with bbdb ?
@ 2016-09-21 20:04   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2016-09-21 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> The only one I know of asynk¹.

I’ve just migrated to Emacs and have the same problem…how to keep my
contacts from the phone in sync with contacts within Emacs by using
Baikal server...

org-caldav-sync works very nicely for calendars and one does not need
anything else…ASynK is certainly one option, but while considering to
use org-vcard along with vdirsyncer/khard, I’ve found out there is
something which might be even better: vdirel[1].

If someone has something better, please share…

Sincerely,
Gour

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/DamienCassou/vdirel

--
Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember
all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy!