all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tramp and ssh-key  passphrase
@ 2016-02-28 14:28 lee
From: lee @ 2016-02-28 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

is there a way to have tramp cache the passphrase of the ssh key I'm
using to edit a remote file --- or some other way which doesn't require
me to enter the passphrase all the time?

It's asking for the passphrase every time emacs wants to perform an
autosave, and I don't really want to turn off autosaving or to use a key
that doesn't require a passphrase.

I wouldn't mind defaulting to autosaving locally when editing remote
files, though.  Maybe that can be done somehow?

The way it is kinda defeats the comfort of being able to edit remote
files ...

--
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2015-09-26 on heimdali