Tom Tromey writes: > Noam> So the opened comment was correctly terminated, and a new one started, > Noam> just as documented. Perhaps you don't like that `comment-multi-line' is > Noam> nil by default, but it doesn't look like a bug to me. > > I'm not sure what to do about this now. > Should I revert the patch? > > If it were solely up to me I would leave the patch in, since I think > non-nil comment-multi-line is more normal in JS code. And, if the patch > is reverted then I think comment-multi-line needs a :safe setting so it > can by set in .dir-locals.el. I don't really have much of an opinion regarding the best value for comment-multi-line. But we should test that filling works correctly regardless of its value, and we should add a :safe setting anyway. Here is a patch: