Andy Moreton writes: >> As it is a release candidate, the tarball contains some changes related >> to the Emacs version being 26.2 and its release date (currently set to >> the 27th) that should not be pushed yet. I'm putting Glenn in Cc, I believe he wrote that part of the documentation. > A tarball for distribution should not contain anything that has not > been committed to version control. I agree with that, but it's not the current process as described in admin/make-tarball.txt. I'm fine with tagging RCs and pushing files with unreleased version numbers, but then I will adjust the content of make-tarball.txt. Cheers, Nico