Hello Emacs developers, Attached is an implementation of ‘info-rename-buffer-mode’ a global minor-mode which automatically renames Info buffers to match their visiting manual. That’s a feature I find useful when consulting several Info manuals simultaneously, because it frees me from the burden of renaming Info buffers to descriptive names manually whenever I open a new manual or change the current one, while avoiding the accidental change of the current visited node while opening a new Info buffer. I’d like to know if people like this feature and would like to have it included in the default distribution. In any case, I’d like to get feedback on the correct (or canonical) way of implementing such simple feature, in case my implementation is not optimal for whatever reason. I’m new as a potential Emacs contributor[1] and would like to learn the most effective procedures to have features or bug-fixes reviewed, accepted or declined, as I’m collecting a few features I have implemented over the course of using Emacs as my main system[2] and possibly generalizing them as more useful standalone modules I plan on submitting. Grateful for your time, Bruno Footnotes: [1] Having only contributed the ‘emms-volume-mixerctl.el’ module to EMMS yet (whose copyright assignment process is underway). [2] I use Emacs as my main and only “computing environment” at home and work, across several OSes: GNU/Linux, OpenBSD, NetBSD, ReactOS and FreeDOS. That means that all those systems boot directly onto full-screen Emacs (most graphically), and all my user initialization code is inside my ‘.emacs’ (rather than .xsession, .xinitrc, .profile or .bashrc) -- so all helper sub-processes are managed by Emacs, my window manager is EXWM (wherever possible), and I use Emacs for everything feasible, the only exception being to resort to a javascript capable web-browser for sites requiring it and whose job can’t be performed within Emacs.