On Mon, Aug 16 2021, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> But IMHO the idle time should not be reset to 0, when the window moves. > > Not even when the user moves the window? why not? Because that's my understanding of idleness: when nothing is done inside of Emacs, the idle timer should keep running. When the window is just moved to another place, there is no real input. Same with my kid: when he sleeps, he keeps sleeping even when I carry him to another bedroom... ;) Anyway: when the user moves the window, there will be certainly also an focus-in event, that can trigger the reset of the idle timer. -- Peter