all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* epg encrypt non interactive
@ 2022-07-06  2:25 GH
From: GH @ 2022-07-06  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help GNU Emacs

I want encrypt a string using GPG (epg/epa)

I think that (epg-encrypt-string) is my function to it:

(epg-encrypt-string CONTEXT PLAIN RECIPIENTS &optional SIGN
ALWAYS-TRUST)

Encrypt a string PLAIN.
If RECIPIENTS is nil, it performs symmetric encryption.

(let ((context (epg-make-context 'OpenPGP)))
  (epg-encrypt-string context "hi" "???"))

I need a key as RECIPIENT not symmetric encryption.

RECIPIENTS can be insert interactively easy, for example using:

(epa-select-keys (epg-make-context epa-protocol) ""
"recipient@example.org")

but not so without `interactive'

how can I do? any funct that return a key?