Stefan Kangas writes: > Severity: wishlist > > Is csharp-mode.el intended to be a :core package or should people just > use the version that comes with Emacs? > > If the former, I guess some Version and Package-Requires headers > are needed. > > If the latter, the compat code starting on line 512 could probably be > removed. I agree. The compat code should be removed. I don't thing we have much to gain by maintaining this as a :core package, so here's a patch doing what you suggest. I don't think that code should be part of Emacs at all, if not absolutely necessary :-) Theo