Jostein Kjønigsen writes: > On 05.12.2022 15:42, Randy Taylor wrote: >> >> Thanks, I meant just the treesit-font-lock-feature-list variable :) (so moving pair before string). >> >> Having the font-lock settings alphabetized too is great, but I remember running into some highlighting issues depending on the order of things. >> For example, since error is above number, the number face will not be highlighted as error when an error occurs. >> >> Try: >> { >> "test": 2 >> } >> >> and remove the colon. Before your patch, the entire line is red. After, only "test" is red. >> >> So in general, I think we should stick all :overrides at the bottom >> of that list (with error being the ultimate one), and keep everything >> above and below alphabetized, but separately, which is how I >> organized json-ts-mode. > Good observation. Agreed. Yes ok ok ;-) >> >> Are you guys talking about the json-mode package? Jostein mentioned >> "Emacs still defaults to json-mode", but when I open a JSON file I >> get js-json-mode, which is what I assumed he meant. js-json-mode is >> what I was trying to match in json-ts-mode. > > I've never heard of js-json-mode until today. I always use json-mode > (which AFAIK) is still the default for json-files, unless overridden in > your own .emacs setup. > > I can see that in Emacs git right now, json-ts-mode behaves closely to > js-json-mode. I honestly expected it to match the Emacs-default > json-mode though, and found the current highlighting ... somewhat > unexpected. > > IMO, yes the keys are technically speaking strings, but the are > predominantly and semantically keys, and IMO should be highlighted as > such. Just like json-mode does. > > I realise this is somewhat subjective and preferential, but as far as my > preference goes, I clearly prefer json-mode over js-json-mode, and as > such also prefer the current patch-sets for json-ts-mode which Theo has > submitted. > > (On my part we can avoid side-tracking related to why there are multiple > json-modes, unless has a deep need to contextualize these changes > related to those ;) ) > Yeah js-json-mode is a lot simpler, and is imo too simple. The json-mode is not infact default in emacs, but there are two, one in melpa and one in elpa, IIRC. Anyway, last patch for now - are you both satisfied with this one? Theo