all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: GNU Emacs Calc
@ 2006-05-04  5:04 ` Nikos E Apostolakis
From: Nikos E Apostolakis @ 2006-05-04  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

evaristegalois <evaristegalois@hotmail.com> writes:

> Here's something that's driving me crazy: I am looking for a calculator that
> will also work as a financial calculator under emacs. There is such a thing,
> and it is extremely well-documented: Gnu Emacs Calc 2.02. Except: as much as
> I search and google, I cannot find the actual files to download for
> installation. On the gnu.org website I am referred to the Savannah Emacs
> repositories where Calc is nowhere to be found. Can anybody help?

The easiest way to get calc is to update to emacs22 (that is emacs
from cvs).  If you don't want to do that then Debian has a package
that works with emacs21.  Even if you don't use Debian you might
still use the sources from that package.

HTH

--
Nikos

* GNU Emacs Calc
@ 2006-05-04  7:54 evaristegalois
From: evaristegalois @ 2006-05-04  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here's something that's driving me crazy: I am looking for a calculator that
will also work as a financial calculator under emacs. There is such a thing,
and it is extremely well-documented: Gnu Emacs Calc 2.02. Except: as much as
I search and google, I cannot find the actual files to download for
installation. On the gnu.org website I am referred to the Savannah Emacs
repositories where Calc is nowhere to be found. Can anybody help?

--evaristegalois
Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com.

* Re: GNU Emacs Calc
@ 2006-05-04  9:19 ` Ye Wenbin
From: Ye Wenbin @ 2006-05-04  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Calculator is a part of GNU emacs. If you emacs version is not too old,
maybe you can start calculator by M-x calc.

On Thu, 4 May 2006 00:54:43 -0700 (PDT), evaristegalois
<evaristegalois@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Here's something that's driving me crazy: I am looking for a calculator
> that
> will also work as a financial calculator under emacs. There is such a
> thing,
> and it is extremely well-documented: Gnu Emacs Calc 2.02. Except: as
> much as
> I search and google, I cannot find the actual files to download for
> installation. On the gnu.org website I am referred to the Savannah Emacs
> repositories where Calc is nowhere to be found. Can anybody help?
>
> --evaristegalois
> --

* Re: GNU Emacs Calc
       [not found] <mailman.1362.1146729289.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-05-04 13:42 ` Jay Belanger
From: Jay Belanger @ 2006-05-04 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: belanger

evaristegalois <evaristegalois@hotmail.com> writes:

> Here's something that's driving me crazy: I am looking for a calculator that
> will also work as a financial calculator under emacs. There is such a thing,
> and it is extremely well-documented: Gnu Emacs Calc 2.02. Except: as much as
> I search and google, I cannot find the actual files to download for
> installation. On the gnu.org website I am referred to the Savannah Emacs
> repositories where Calc is nowhere to be found. Can anybody help?

Calc 2.02f is available at
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/calc/calc-2.02f.tar.gz
If you install it yourself, the latest released version of emacs has
some changes to calc you need to make under the Problems submenu of
the Help menu.
The cvs version of emacs, which works pretty well, has calc already
built in.

Jay

* Re: GNU Emacs Calc
@ 2006-05-04 23:48   ` evaristegalois
From: evaristegalois @ 2006-05-04 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

both of you are right: there is a nice debian package AND I actually already
have Calc installed on emacs, even though I am running Emacs 21.

Thanks!
Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com.