all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Zenirc and emacs on Mac OS X
@ 2007-01-07 10:22 Texaner
From: Texaner @ 2007-01-07 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I lately downloaded zenirc and tried to install it as it was advised.
But unfortunately I can't invoke zenirc from emacs. M-x zenirc ends up
in "no match". I quite sure that I have to adjust the makefile because
it seems to be about ten years old. But I don't know how to do that.

I'm relatively new to emacs and especially new in reading and
understanding makefiles.
Could anybody deliver me his own adjusted makefile resp. provide me
some other help with this issue.

Thank you very much in advance.

* Re: Zenirc and emacs on Mac OS X
@ 2007-01-10  1:18 ` s. keeling
From: s. keeling @ 2007-01-10  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Texaner <texaner82@web.de>:

>  I lately downloaded zenirc and tried to install it as it was advised.
>  But unfortunately I can't invoke zenirc from emacs. M-x zenirc ends up
>  in "no match". I quite sure that I have to adjust the makefile because
>  it seems to be about ten years old. But I don't know how to do that.

I note that it's apt-gettable on Debian stable/sarge.  If you
mentioned what you're running it on, perhaps others can show you how
to get it.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html

* Re: Zenirc and emacs on Mac OS X
@ 2007-01-10  4:08 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2007-01-10  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7 Jan 2007 02:22:59 -0800 Texaner wrote:

> I lately downloaded zenirc and tried to install it as it was advised.
> But unfortunately I can't invoke zenirc from emacs. M-x zenirc ends up
> in "no match". I quite sure that I have to adjust the makefile because
> it seems to be about ten years old. But I don't know how to do that.

Maybe not exactly what you want to read, but why not try erc
or rcirc?  Both are actively maintained.  The developer
version of emacs (pretty stable and already in pretest) comes
with both.  For older Versions of emacs you can download a
separate package.

Have a look at the emacswiki.org pages which one will suit you
better.

David