all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Any easy way to disable mouse behavior that can change to other buffers?
@ 2008-11-13  7:55 anhnmncb
From: anhnmncb @ 2008-11-13  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Mouse when on modeline, and popup buffers menu by C-<left mouse> can be
used to change to other buffers, both of which are not what I want, can
I disable it?

Thank you.

* Re: Any easy way to disable mouse behavior that can change to other buffers?
@ 2008-11-13  8:44 ` Andy Stewart
From: Andy Stewart @ 2008-11-13  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I have a easy way that perhaps can help you.
I configuration below in ~/.emacs

(mouse-avoidance-mode "banish")

to make mouse banish when do any action in Emacs.

But I don't like mouse banish to right-top corner of Frame, because that
will make mouse above Tabbar.
So I rewrite function `mouse-avoidance-banish-destination' to make mouse
banish right-bottom corner of Frame.

(defun mouse-avoidance-banish-destination ()
  "The position to which Mouse-Avoidance mode `banish' moves the mouse.
You can redefine this if you want the mouse banished to a different corner."
  (let* ((pos (window-edges)))
    (cons (+ (nth 1 pos) (frame-width) 50)
          (+ (nth 1 pos) (frame-height) 50)))) ;make mouse hide in bottom of frame

Enjoy!

  -- Andy.

@ 2008-11-13 14:58   ` anhnmncb
From: anhnmncb @ 2008-11-13 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

You misunderstand me...

I want to disable the ability of mouse clicking on modeline which can
make buffer switching, and the buffer list menu popped up by Ctrl-<left
mouse>.

* Re: Any easy way to disable mouse behavior that can change to other buffers?
@ 2008-11-14  0:27     ` Andy Stewart
From: Andy Stewart @ 2008-11-14  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sorry that i can't help you.
I don't use mouse....
My computer haven't mouse.

@ 2008-11-14 13:46     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2008-11-14 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

anhnmncb wrote:
> I want to disable the ability of mouse clicking on modeline which can
> make buffer switching,

Wild guess:

(setq mode-line-input-method-map nil)
(setq mode-line-coding-system-map nil)
(setq mode-line-major-mode-keymap nil)
(setq mode-line-minor-mode-keymap nil)
(setq mode-line-buffer-identification-keymap nil)
(setq mode-line-mode-menu nil)

> and the buffer list menu popped up by Ctrl-<left
> mouse>.

(global-unset-key (kbd "<C-down-mouse-1>"))

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA

* Re: Any easy way to disable mouse behavior that can change to other buffers?
@ 2008-11-14 14:01 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2008-11-14 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anhnmncb; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

 > I want to disable the ability of mouse clicking on modeline which can
 > make buffer switching, and the buffer list menu popped up by Ctrl-<left
 > mouse>.

You can try to add the 100% untested code below to your .emacs.

martin

(defun my-propertized-buffer-identification (fmt)
   "Return a list suitable for `mode-line-buffer-identification'."
   (list (propertize fmt
		    'face 'mode-line-buffer-id
		    'help-echo
		    (purecopy "Buffer name"))))

(setq mode-line-buffer-identification (my-propertized-buffer-identification "%12b"))

* Re: Any easy way to disable mouse behavior that can change to other buffers?
@ 2008-11-15  1:23       ` anhnmncb
From: anhnmncb @ 2008-11-15  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodgers@gmail.com> writes:

> anhnmncb wrote:
>> I want to disable the ability of mouse clicking on modeline which can
>> make buffer switching,
>
> Wild guess:
>
> (setq mode-line-input-method-map nil)
> (setq mode-line-coding-system-map nil)
> (setq mode-line-major-mode-keymap nil)
> (setq mode-line-minor-mode-keymap nil)
> (setq mode-line-buffer-identification-keymap nil)
> (setq mode-line-mode-menu nil)
>
>> and the buffer list menu popped up by Ctrl-<left
>> mouse>.
>
> (global-unset-key (kbd "<C-down-mouse-1>"))

None works here except <C-down-mouse-1>, I think emacs as an OS lacks a
function that can lock itself after a paticular time, so I don't need to
be afraid the exposure privary(Like someone switch buffer to my diary, I
open it all the time with emacs).