all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs manual
@ 2009-04-08 13:36 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2009-04-08 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I was just navigating my way back to a point in the Emacs Manual, the
section, `22 File Handling'.  I did `t', `m' and then typed

file h <TAB>

``[No Match]'' was the message that I got.

From the top level of the manual, ``Files'' is the name of the section.
I remembered the last chapter name or section name I'd come across
(again, `22 File Handling') as I do when I close a book and put it down.

Isn't this a disjunction?

My post may be interpreted as a complaint, but this looked like an
example of the opacity that I sometimes perceive in the documentation of
Emacs but don't know how to verbalize.

Just looking for an explanation.