Phil Hagelberg writes: > Chong Yidong writes: >> Phil Hagelberg writes: >> >>> (defun make-pulsing-progress-reporter (&optional message) >> >> I think `make-progress-reporter' should do "pulsing" automatically if >> min-value and max-value are null, instead of providing a new function. > > Good idea. I will implement that and send a patch. The attached patch implements this. So make-progress-reporter will make a pulsing reporter when min-value and max-value are not specified. I made it so that you must use progress-reporter-pulse to update a pulsing reporter, but I realized afterwards that it would be easy enough to have progress-reporter-update check to see if the reporter is a pulsing one or not and call the correct function underneath without the caller having to think about it. If you think this is a good idea I can make the change. -Phil