all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Mario Lang <mlang@delysid.org>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Rendering HTML
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:54:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com> writes:

> On 18 Sep 2010, at 21:06, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> So before I give my brain a strain trying to think about this, has
>> anybody else done something like this?  Either code that can be included
>> in Emacs, or other Lisp code that I can peek at, or, failing all that,
>> just somebody who has written something about how to approach this?
>
> You're aware of http://www.gnu.org/software/w3/ right?

Yeah, I've used Emacs/W3 for years, found it very useful, despite its
slowness.  And yes, it did quite good table rendering actually.

Emacspeak had (perhaps still has) quite extensive support for W3 as
well.
Like, being able to read just a single column of a table, which
was quite an important feature in the non-CSS days.
Or, using HTML markup information to do meaningful voice changes...

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕