all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* (goto-char ...) error
@ 2011-02-22 16:47 ken
From: ken @ 2011-02-22 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU Emacs List

Performing one search, I save the result with

(setq ptname (re-search-forward ...))

Then I want to back up one character and perform another search, so I do

(goto-char (- ptname 1))

But this pukes an error.  What's unkosher here?

tnx.

[parent not found: <mailman.3.1298393577.375.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]