On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:12:17 -0500 Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Also I don't want to decide the default bundle file names at the time >> the defcustom is evaluated. Since `gnutls-trustfiles' can contain >> function calls, I'd like it to be called when it's needed. For >> instance, it's very common to store certificates as PEM files in a >> directory, and the user should be able to choose that approach instead >> of managing a concatenated bundle. If we built the file list only once, >> the modular approach would fail. Another situation is on W32, where the >> cert bundle has to be dynamically built (which will require some caching >> but should still be done as close to using the bundle as possible). SM> OK, but the variable should not be a "list of (function or filename)". SM> That's ugly. I see how it's confusing. SM> Maybe we can have it be "a function or a list of files". OK. Patch attached for your review. The code is simpler now and the list flattening function is not needed. If approved I think I should also write a manual entry for this new variable. Should I make a new manual subsection for GnuTLS-related things? Where? Now we'll have three customizable variables in gnutls.el (`gnutls-algorithm-priority', `gnutls-trustfiles', and `gnutls-min-prime-bits') which is tipping the scales I think. Plus it will be good to explain what gnutls.el+gnutls.c do and how to debug problems with them, since most users and developers don't know how widely they are used in Emacs 24. Thanks! Ted