Christian Kellermann writes: > Peter Dyballa writes: >>> Why is set-default-font not enough and what should I use instead? >> >> Maybe because GNU Emacs is using initial-frame-alist and >> default-frame-alist. This can lead to different settings applied to >> the first, initial, frame and others applied to the other frames. I >> think >> >> (setq initial-frame-alist default-frame-alist) > > Hm, I have set this as the first statement in my .emacs but it has no > effect on the font when opening a new frame. Afraid you need to set it at last, after value of default-frame-alist is settled. -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591