all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* prevent bbdb window from popping up
@ 2014-01-14  5:49 henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2014-01-14  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

bbdb-mua-pop-up says:

`If this is nil, BBDB is updated silently.`

So when set

 (setq bbdb-mua-pop-up nil)

bbdb should never pop up its own window in gnus when cycling through
addresses, right?

As far as I can remember I never had luck with such a setting and hence
could never prevent bbdb from opening its own window.
How can I do this?

* Re: prevent bbdb window from popping up
@ 2014-01-16 21:17 ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2014-01-16 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> bbdb-mua-pop-up says:
>
> `If this is nil, BBDB is updated silently.`
>
> So when set
>
>  (setq bbdb-mua-pop-up nil)
>
> bbdb should never pop up its own window in gnus when cycling through
> addresses, right?
>
> As far as I can remember I never had luck with such a setting and hence
> could never prevent bbdb from opening its own window.
> How can I do this?

Okay, I understand now it is something like the Holy Grail or a state
secrect but I did detect it anyway:

   (setq bbdb-completion-display-record nil)