() Sivaram Neelakantan () Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:26:57 +0530 Why use the word 'available' instead of 'install'? Short answer: Mixing adjectives and verbs is inelegant. Too, verbs portend entropy. Long answer: Both "available" and "installed" are adjectives (of same length -- green-screen bonus!). Adjectives are suitable for describing things. The word "install" is a verb, i.e., names an action. Other actions might be "uninstall", "remove", "leave-be", "gripe", "recommend", "ponder", "examine", "reinstall", etc. To my eyes, the "etc" is most important; it implies a need for (detailed) documentation, and the feeping creature of hyperlinks. Whimsical answer: do be do be do, be do be do be! in my heart i knew that two requires three? -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil