all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Location of .emacs in Windows 7
@ 2015-01-17  0:38 Steve Graham
From: Steve Graham @ 2015-01-17  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Using C-x C-f I can read in, edit and store .emacs in ~/.emacs .
However, when I search for the file, I cannot find it.

I was also trying to store an org file in ~/org-mode/work.org .  It
seemed sometimes that it would read those files from ~/org-mode/work.org
and write them to c:/Users/<User>/AppData/Roaming/org-mode/work.org .
And I could not find that file/path either.

I have taken to storing the org files in
C:/Users/<User>/Desktop/org-file/work.org .  It works but I would rather
use ~/org-mode for the directory.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Steve