Stefan Monnier writes: >>> If the function is not supposed to return non-nil if an element is >>> matched but the element itself, then would it be ok? OTOH there would be >>> again no way to differentiate between no element found and nil being >>> found in the sequence. > > Returning what FUN returned seems like a better choice. > > If you need the element matched, then you can simply arrange for FUN > to return the element. There is a misunderstanding here I think. The way I see it, they are two different functions: the (new) seq-some, and this other function that is now missing in seq, with the new implementation of `seq-some'. This new function would be used to find an element in a seq using a predicate. CL has `find-if,' Scheme has `find', Clojure has `some', Smalltalk has `detect:', etc. Also, both the CL and scheme versions have the nil value ambiguity, but since these functions are not supposed to return the logical truth on a match, it is in my opinion fine. I think I could name this function `seq-find'. Cheers, Nico -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr