John Wiegley writes: >>>>>> Nicolas Petton writes: > >> What if I extract it in a thunk.el library and install it in master (with >> proper tests), and have stream.el use that? (I could also put stream.el in >> Emacs, but Stefan thought it would be better to have it in ELPA). > > Probably I'd prefer to see thunk.el in master, and stream.el in ELPA, since > the latter is a bit more special-cased and "implemented in terms of > core". Agreed. > We should talk about where to draw "the ELPA divide" at some point too. Core > Emacs sort of has at least two separate roles: Functionality the Emacs > developers have standardized on -- as a common framework to build packages > upon -- and packages that should really be installed anywhere Emacs is > installed. I think that would be a fair definition of "the ELPA divide". Nico